Passionate about the distinctive Heery International brand, as well as the company's history in Athens, Georgia, design team members Lydia O'Neal, Jill Wofford, and Emily Burton take a brief visit to a clothing store in Athens that share the same Heery name.
Heery International, Inc. (Heery) started in 1952 as your typical family-owned business. The Atlanta firm, which was run by George T. Heery, was professionally associated with the more established office in Athens, run by George’s father, C. Wilmer Heery. The company began as an architecture practice, and then expanded in the 1960s as one of the earliest proponents of program management services to assist owners in navigating the building process. Over the years, the company continued to grow with the involvement of local, high-profile projects such as Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, The Coca-Cola Company Central Reception Building, and the Georgia Power Building, which was highlighted on the cover of Time Magazine. In the 1970s, Heery tackled energy budgeting to hold down building operating costs. In the 1980s, our design and program management teams combined to improve project delivery, now called “Integrated Project Delivery” by the building industry. In the 1990s with the advent of the LEED program, we had a number of firsts including one of the first LEED Platinum projects in the nation. Along with this, Heery added building commissioning to our services. In the 2000s we expanded our construction management capability and added design offices in Colorado, Iowa, Philadelphia, and Florida to increase our expertise in different market sectors.
Now begins the exciting, new chapter of CBRE | Heery. Great things to come in 2018!