The aging, inefficient and undersized Multnomah County Health Department Headquarters required an immediate need for a new building. The current headquarters is housed in the 1923 McCoy Building at 426 S.W. Stark. This former retail and office space was never designed to house administrative headquarters, medical clinics and the public health emergency command center. The current Health Department serves 748,000 county residents and operates the largest safety net clinic system in Oregon which includes a federally qualified health center with 33 different primary care and school-based, dental and specialty clinic sites. The Department is also responsible for disease prevention, health promotion and public education. With such great responsibility to support the County's health needs, a new facility is necessary to meet the demand for health services.
Heery is providing commissioning services for the new Health Department Headquarters building. The project will end with a new nine-story, 157,000 SF penthouse building providing space for specialty clinics for communicable disease and immunizations, a pharmacy, and office and meeting spaces for the Multnomah County Health Department.
Heery will provide commissioning services to coordinate and oversee the traditionally separate functions of: